I say all of this in order to give you background for this story. Annabelle was coloring in the kitchen. She was doing a great job coloring her Charlie Brown Christmas coloring book. She was coloring Snoopy and drawing happy faces in the margins. So I went to get on the computer for a few minutes. When I came back to the kitchen, she grabbed a coloring book and covered her face with it. At first I thought she was just being silly. As I was turning to go back to the living room, I thought, "Wait. Something is amiss."
I went back and pulled the coloring book away from Annabelle's face to see what I expected...a mouth full of purple crayon! Why she loves to eat crayons but not lunch is beyond me. I made her spit it out, and because she has done this before, she got a spanking and a lecture on not eating crayons.
As I was concluding my lecture, Violet woke up from her nap. As I went to leave the kitchen to get her, Annabelle said, "Wait, Mommy, wait!" I stopped to see what she wanted. She looked around the kitchen and saw my camera and said, "Take my picture, Mommy." Now, I don't know if she felt bad and wanted to make it up to me. More likely she was just trying to appease me and wanted to get out of trouble. She knows how I love to take pictures! Either way, it worked. I just can't get over how mischievous she is becoming. She's growing up! :)
So I am now presenting the first picture Annabelle actually chose to be in!
Cheese!!!
And here is a sweeter version of the picture of Annabelle and Madeline. They were watching Toy Story. Madeline and Annabelle love each other so much! They are precious!!!
And because I don't want to leave Violet out, here is a picture of her!



3 comments:
Oh that made me giggle!! I just love Belle! Her and her best friend/nemesis are gonna give us fits one day! But at least we have each other!! ;)
That little demon! If you zoom into that cheesy grin, you can still see some purple crayon in her teeth. Emily, every day is going to be a new adventure with Annabelle, and no telling what Miss Violet's going to learn from Big Sis!
Love, Nana
What a precious story! thanks for sharing it!
Londa
Post a Comment